Usability testing is an important part of the design, evaluation, and implementation cycle. The keys to effective usability testing are understanding the intended use of the device or system being tested, as well as possible misuse and the important characteristics of the users and context in which it will be used. Put all this knowledge together with some critical scenarios and you can develop crucial insights for understanding the impact and limitations of your design. Following are examples of usability testing we have accomplished in the past.
- Usability testing for FDA submittal
- Usability testing of medical devices for FDA review
- Error analysis and usability testing for new integrated systems
- Usability issues associated with electronic devices
- Usability issues in flight deck design