Regulations, Standards, and Guidelines Development
There are particular challenges related to developing effective regulations, standards, and guidance documents. We have had many opportunities to contribute to working groups and regulatory agency efforts to make this happen. There are always trade-offs and many, many iterations to get something that may be usable. Following is a list with examples of our efforts in this area.
- Participants in a working group to develop and harmonize a new human factors regulation for transport airplanes in the US and Europe
- Development of guidelines for pilot training considering future air system operations
- Guidelines for the development and implementation of e-learning programs
- Developing guidelines for design and operation of unmanned aircraft ground control stations
- Guidelines for identifying human factors consideration for design of displays, controls, systems, and equipment