Human Factors of Healthcare Scheduling and Shift Work
Online and in-person courses are available addressing human factors of healthcare scheduling and shift work. These courses include topics such as the following.
- Understanding the effects of circadian rhythms on performance
- Developing a system to predict the performance effects of defined schedules
- Evaluating the effects of schedules or shift work
- Developing performance mitigation strategies for scheduling systems
- Training shift workers to minimize performance effects of their schedule
- Developing and evaluating shift hand-off procedures